Aix-en-Provence, Aix-en-Provence en omgeving
The beauty of Aix-en-Provence, city of Art, is discovered while strolling. Through the promenades around the renowned Cours Mirabeau. It was the city of the painter Paul Cézanne, its countryside inspired some of the greatest impressionist artwork.
Wat maakt deze plaats zo speciaal
Things to do on holiday in Aix-en-Provence, France
The old centre of Aix is easily compact enough to be explored on foot. There is so much to see in the old town, from the last remaining defensive tower of the original 39 Tourreluquo towers to the 18th century hot water baths of Thermes Sextius, and from the Great Fountain to the 13th century Eglise St Jean de Malte. The Cours Mirabeau, the main centre of Aix, is a lined with fantastic cafes, restaurants and great places to relax away from the glare of the sun, sitting under the shade of the trees watching the world drift by. There are also many shops, markets, theatres and museums to visit during your stay in self catering Aix-en-Provence accommodation too. The markets of Mazarin District are well worth exploring, as are the Granet Museum and the Paul Arbaud Museum.
Market days in Aix-en-Provence fall on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays in the Palais de Justice, selling local food, antiques and local crafts. The flower market is a particular favourite for many visitors to an Aix-en-Provence apartment.
There are some magnificent walking trails available from Aix-en-Provence accommodation. There are a number of national hiking trails into the Montagne Sainte-Victoire’s peaks, as well as some fantastic hikes taking you to the Forest of Vauvenargues. All the trails are well marked, and easily found from a gite on Aix-en-Provence’s outskirts and self catering apartments in Aix-en-Provence itself.
There are also two magnificent 18 hole golf courses within range of Aix-en-Provence accommodation. Both the Aix Golf Course and the Golf Club Aix Marseille are within a short drive of the city centre, and both are open to visitors as long as you can produce a handicap certificate.
It is hard to resist a quick day trip to Marseille from your holiday rental home in Aix-en-Provence which is only just 30km away. The extensive shopping, great restaurants, cosmopolitan atmosphere and city beaches make Aix en Provence a hard place to leave, but it really is worth exploring.
De markten van Aix-en-Provence
- Marché de Puyricard - Aix-en-Provence : Vrijdag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché des Milles - Aix-en-Provence : Maandag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché aux fleurs d'Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Dinsdag, Woensdag, Donderdag, Vrijdag, Zaterdag, Zondag 08:00 › 12:30
- Marché de Luynes - Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Woensdag, Zondag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché du Jas de Bouffan - Aix-en-Provence : Dinsdag, Donderdag, Zaterdag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché du Pont de Béraud - Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Dinsdag, Woensdag, Donderdag, Vrijdag, Zaterdag, Zondag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché du Val Saint André - Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Woensdag, Vrijdag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché aux légumes d'Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Dinsdag, Woensdag, Donderdag, Vrijdag, Zaterdag, Zondag 08:00 › 13:00
- Marché forain d'Aix-en-Provence : Dinsdag, Donderdag, Zaterdag 08:00 › 13:00
- Marché du quartier d'Encagnane - Aix-en-Provence : Maandag, Woensdag, Vrijdag, Zondag 08:00 › 12:00
- Marché de Aix-en-Provence : Dinsdag, Donderdag, Zaterdag 08:00 › 13:00